Employment Opportunities in the
Transport Packaging Industry
Jobs as a Sawyer, Assembler, Packer, Forklift and Truck Driver, or having special knowledge such as Haz-Mat or ISPM-15
Job Title: Crating & Packing Specialist
Reports To: COO
Location: Golden, Colorado
Apply directly at www.TalenTrust.com – click the "Opportunities" tab, click the "Search" button
Craters & Freighters is the national leader in specialty freight solutions, providing expert packaging, crating and shipping services for a wide range of industries from government, aerospace, medical equipment, IT electronics, to art, antiques and household goods from locations nationwide both domestically and internationally. Unique to the transportation industry, the company engineers and builds customized shipping containers and wood crates to ensure all shipments arrive safe, damage-free and on time. Craters & Freighters offers a tremendous amount of upside potential. Headquartered out of Golden, Colorado, the company was organized and expanded through business format franchising beginning in 1991. There are currently 67 franchises across the United States.
As Crating and Packaging Specialist for Craters & Freighters, you will plan and direct all aspects of packaging engineering activities within our organization to include art & antique, household goods, and commercial/industrial packaging. The Crating & Packaging Specialist designs, engineers, CADs and creates cut sheets for custom packaging jobs for our franchisees. They must ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes conform to Craters & Freighters established policies and objectives as well as the packaging and crating industry’s standards such as government specifications including Mil Spec. You must be resourceful, diplomatic, efficient, and pay attention to detail.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Introduce and be able to train the Company’s foundation groundwork to franchise owners. You will analyze and re-engineer existing crates and corrugate containers, write and publish commercial/industrial manuals, introduce new packaging and crating material as they are developed, and design a new self-ramping crate.
- Conduct research and development and source packaging and crating equipment, materials handling equipment, tolls, hardware, closure materials, and warehouse space requirements with layout and design.
- Assist in developing additional revenue resources such as mobile crating w/foam in place and government subcontracting programs.
- Assist in research and development of regional supply programs by identifying regional/national suppliers, negotiate costs, and investigate the distribution process of such.
- Conduct cost/pricing methodology analysis by researching industry pricing standards, and identify various costs/pricing models for large assembly line runs and publish the cost/pricing formulas and generic pricing.
- Perform a system-wide implementation Process through operations training, materials, manuals and support.
- Innovative thinker, continuous learner with a positive attitude.
- Experience in the crating, shipping and/or freighting industry.
- Exceptional process development and organizational skills to ensure engineering projects and processes conform to Craters & Freighters established policies and standards.
- Ability to lead a team diplomatically and collaboratively with a wide range of personality types (internal and external clients/owners).
- Highly effective communicator; can build and nurture strong relationships through challenging events.
- AutoCAD Certification and experience in designing a wide range of packaging and crating techniques - ability to create AutoCAD drawings that are conceptual for customer and detailed for fabricator.
- Ability to read Government Mil Spec’s.
- Prior experience implementing system-wide changes to process and procedure.
- Experience in writing and developing commercial/industrial training and instruction manuals, helpful but not mandatory
- Experience in cost/pricing methodology analysis and implementing innovative packaging methods that will offer competitive pricing.
- Ability to read Government Mil Spec’s.
A competitive salary is offered depending on experience. Excellent benefits included. Details will be provided to final candidates.
TalenTrust is a Recruitment Partnering firm that helps’ companies hire the right people to accelerate their growth. We enable our clients to focus on their core competency while we manage their talent acquisition and human capital needs. We provide solutions to mitigate client risk. We provide results that save our clients time and money and reduce turnover by delivering individuals who match their long-term strategy and culture.
Through the Recruitment Partnering process, we assume ownership of the design and management of the recruitment process and take responsibility for the results. Unlike others, we go way beyond placement to understand the specific industry and company. We become strategic partners in helping companies discover how the right talent can accelerate the growth of their business. Find out more about us by visiting our website www.TalenTrust.com
Solidarity Warehouse & Packing Solutions is a New and Upcoming Warehouse & Packing Facility in the Houston area that is in need of experienced packers that know the Export packing business. The Canidates must understand the different crating styles that are used in our industry and be able to step in to our operation and not miss a beat when it comes to packing & crating.
Please call our office at 832-487-0251 and ask to speak to Josh, Dan or Kye
VP of Operations
Region: Dallas/Ft Worth
Pay Range: Salary
Seeking experienced salesperson, in the Dallas/Fort Worth TX area, with crating/crating sales background. Base salary + commission, vehicle allowance and medical benefits.
If interested contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Region: Ontario, Canada
Pay Range: Salary + Commission
Member Since May 2003
Experienced Sales Representative wanted for a well established Crating & Packaging company in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Must have Sales Experience, Dedication, Hardworking and be a Team Player.
- Crating & Packaging Experience is an Asset.
- Attractive Base Salary and Commission Structure with Additional Bonuses.
Please email resume to:
This company is looking for someone with experience packaging of larger industrial type components into wood crating-Please contact me if you have this experience and are interested-If not, please forward to someone that you think might be a fit.- $500 referral fee if you refer me to someone that I place!! Call Bob Millman at 248-967-0700 or email to email@example.com
Terrific opportunity with Fortune 100 international manufacturer that has moved all of it's engineering and manufacturing to a great new location in sunny South Carolina, about 90 minutes from Myrtle Beach. See details below.
Pay Range: to 85K plus bonus.
Provides technical direction regarding packaging structures and materials that are used in Co’s new and/or existing products. Implements packaging bills of material and component specifications. Creates and documents drawing and packaging specifications to ensure material integrity. Documents technical packaging specification for outsourced items with standards that can be measured by SQM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages all aspects of assigned package design project including initial structure concept, costing, and assessment of packaging on manufacturing and throughout the supply chain.
2. Works with current and potential packaging vendors to provide technical guidance in new materials and new equipment for products.
3. Coordinates project review meetings with Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, Field and other members of cross-functional teams related to package selection and manufacturing feasibility.
4. Establishes packaging component specifications for new products, based in part on Co’s mfg stds.
5. Responsible for the accuracy & maintenance of a packaging database to ensure proper life-cycle management of Bills of Materials & component specifications.
6. Research & implement cost savings opportunities that help support annual departmental cost savings objectives.
7. Prepares & implements alternative packaging solutions for existing items that are prone to warehouse failures, shipping failures, etc.
Education: BS degree in Packaging Engineering required.
Experience: One to three years of experience in package engineering in an industrial environment. Proficient with AUTOCAD software or equivalent. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with changing priorities & work under limited supervision. Preference is prior packaging experience with heavy industrial equipment using wood crating.
Skills: Demonstrated ability in working successfully with cross functional teams; ability to synthesize inputs and requirements from divergent groups and develop optimal recommendations/ solutions
CRATING AND PACKAGING SPECIALIST
Position Title: Crating and Packaging Specialist
Immediate Supervisor: Chuck Helms/Jason Essenberg
Pay rate: TBD
Location: USA - Hickory NC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Design industrial packaging.
- Combine technical knowledge with sales skills
- Create solutions for automotive, aerospace, energy and OEM industries.
- Provide advise and support on effective packaging development requirements (for existing and potential clients)
- Liaise regularly with other colleagues from production, quality and senior company managers
- Develop long term relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their requirements,
- Analyze costs of custom-made products.
- Assist with clients quotations and after sales support services
- Support marketing activities attending trade shows, conferences and marketing events.
Individual in this position should possess a degree, and a solid technical background, including AutoCAD experience, and be proficient in Microsoft Office. Must have solid communication, organizational, team-working skills, and the ability to build relationships quickly and effectively. Must possess analytical and problem-solving capability. Independence and self-reliance are necessary.
- Prefer degree (related to this field)
- At least 3 years of manufacturing experience in the field
- Must be able to work in a team environment
Language and Computer Skills:
Good oral and written communication ability. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCad.
Please send resume to:
fax 828-397-3683 or
P.O. Box 1702
Visit us on line at www.kontanelogistics.com